1802 Fwd bilge area

tomxdana

Seaman
I have a 2002 1802 Trophy. The previous owner removed the Fwd float switch and bilge pump and replaced it with one of those automatic ones that sense for water every couple of minutes. I was looking to add the float switch to this setup but cannot figure out where they had it mounted. All the float switches I see in the store seem to be to big. Can anyone take a picture of the area under the step in the cuddy where the switch and pump are originally? I found the trophy part number which is Part #1692344. I don't have the height to use standard float switches.

Thanks for any input,

Tom

raymor

Seaman
Re: 1802 Fwd bilge area

My pump is still working fine, but I never liked the fact that water was always sitting in that forward bilge. I took the pump and float switch out and drilled a 3/4 inch hole in the stringer behind the pump. Then I replace the pump back where it was. I never have water in that area anymore as long as the boat is used once in awhile. I also marine Tex the outer diameter of the hole as the stringers have some foam in them and that sealed any exposed foam.