17 ft proline guage problem

ibuyre111

Seaman Apprentice
2 of the guages on my 2000 17ft proline are not working. The navigation and cockpit guages to be specific. I checked the wireing back to the battery and they seem fine. Is there a fuse somewhere? I see a sorta-clear plastic nipple next to the guages on the dash. Thanls T

Dead Eye

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 17 ft proline guage problem

Are they Faria gagues ? I have problems with one of mine. Check their website , may get a # to get help. Thats if they are Faria. Don't understand Nav. and Cockpit ?<br /> Dead Eye

ibuyre111

Seaman Apprentice

Faria guages im not sure. The 2 guages that are out are listed as the navigation and the other guage is listed as cockpit. one turns on the lights(both bow and stern and the cockpit guage just turns on the insrtument panel lights

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Are you talking about the switches that turn these lights on and off?

ibuyre111

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Are you talking about the switches that turn these lights on and off?
Yes..I guess switches is a better word. Funny thing all the rest work but these two next to each other dont. I had a GPS put in about a month ago and I know the guy had the console open to do the work. Two calls later to him unanswered..humm

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Take the panel loose and check voltage at the switches to make sure you are getting it to them.<br />A good time also to make sure something was not knocked loose at time of installing GPS.<br /><br />Sounds like a power feed that feeds both switches has been knocked loose or somehow got loose.

ibuyre111

Seaman Apprentice

Found the problem. It was the circuit breakers to the two switches. Used a tester and no power going thru them. Both replaced and both now working. Thanks for everyones help. T