16FT Sailboat a work in progress

saildan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 16FT Sailboat a work in progress

Unfortunately the closes marine supply place is about an hour drive from here, so I've been ordering products through https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/ and westmarine.com Jamestown dist. has all the instructions, and information on there website, so I read all of that to make sure it is what i need before I order it.
I think you made a good choice given your location.

Another thought about the mast rake issue: I could fill it with Fiberglass Since I'm going to be working there anyways, Can I loosen the plate up and fill the whole with shredded fiberglass material and resin? otherwise I'll probably just use caulk.
You could do that, or slip a thinner plate under this one - one that doesn't ride up the console's transitional curve - so you put everything back to level.

There were several websites and forum threads that I read before determining the size of my daggerboard. From what I understand the submerged area of the daggerboard should be roughly 4% of the sail area, I figured out the area for the board and then added an inch so if it seems a little long I can just lift it out of the water a little and move those 1x1's to make the adjustment.
Bravo !! Good planning and good execution.

Sorry if I forgot you did that. Moving the thread in with all the motorboat repairs messed with the ability to quickly look back at the early posts. The move may seem appropriate, but now I get lost trying to find all the pieces.

You would do well to start your own Blog and copy all the segments from here to a page all your own. Just leave a pointer here for the continuation elsewhere.