15Hp Force wil not stay running

aabel

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 14, 2007
Messages
1
I have a 15hp Force motor that will start and will run as long as the warm-up lever is out. As soon as I push the lever in the motor will die. I can also keep it running by pushing the primer bulb when it starts to die. One thing I have notice is that the promer bulb for the tank will not stay frim. could this be my problem or ami I loosing the air pressure in the motor? The motor is about 10years old and has only been used a couple of times.
 

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Jan 19, 2007
Messages
12,004
Re: 15Hp Force wil not stay running

If by warm up lever you mean the choke, then your engine is showing symptoms of starving for fuel. If the primer bulb will not stay firm, then you have a restriction in the line, before the bulb, bad primer bulb or, a clog in the tank or fuel fitting. Crap can get behind the check ball of the male fuel fitting and restrict the flow to the point where the engine will not run.
 

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Apr 26, 2002
Messages
19,069
Re: 15Hp Force wil not stay running

It is normal for the bulb to not be hard with the motor running.It should not collapse.If it responds to squeezing the bulb the fuel pump could be weak or fuel line sucking air.It would be good to check the fuel system from tank to carb.With special attention to connections and connectors and line.Be sure the tank vent is open and clear.
 

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander
Joined
Jun 26, 2005
Messages
1,749
Re: 15Hp Force wil not stay running

i have the same motor and have had the same problem. I thought it was my tank or the primer bulb or the primer bulb on the actual motor but it wasnt. I ended up having to replace the fuel pump cover. Its the piece that the fuel filter screws into. Its aluminum and a verry common problem for that motor. part # 819993T1.
quicksilver makes this part also. 819993t2.
 

mjbll

Cadet
Joined
Feb 13, 2005
Messages
24
Re: 15Hp Force wil not stay running

Hey guys I have a 98 gamefisher which may be the same as the motor thats being discussed.Could someone please tell me where the telltale is supposed to come out and how does the cooling system work with these motors.
 
Top