13x19 prop vs 14x9 prop

Newbie@boats

Chief Petty Officer
For my buddies Johnson 110 he ordered a new prop the old one is stamped 13x19

New one is 14x9 does this make any sense?

Or is it completely wrong? Any help is great

I should add the new prop fits perfectly

Crawfish Dundee

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The first number is prop width/size, the second number is pitch size, ( the distance the prop moves forward with one rotation). 19 bould be twice as fast, or go twice as far in one rotation as the 9 will.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Should add that with a 9 pitch prop OB will achieve a superb hole shot if extremely lightly loaded including a kabum sound at wot due to extreme over revving. Insane going from a 19 to a 9 pitch unless plans boating with a herd of boaters on board.. Seems that owner didn't have his eyeglasses on when checking stamped number on current prop body. LOL!!

Happy Boating

Maclin

Admiral
Is the 14x9 a typo made when posting, and should have been 14x19? Not familiar with pitches that low with that big a diameter. If 14x9 as posted is correct, is this for a big ol' Pontoon?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Yep, original OP didn't specified boat type. Maclin is correct if owner is powering a very heavy boat or toon with lots of passengers on board.

Happy Boating

Newbie@boats

Chief Petty Officer
Sorry guys, its for the Ranger in my sig-I sold the boat to him.

He had no idea what he was doing and infact ordered a 9 instead of a 19, right one is on the way-should be ready this weekend.

Maclin

Admiral
Good on ya for trying to help him, kinda funny chain of events. Thanks for posting back :)