12Footer gets drunk! Details at 11!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Yup..My employer is great. Great place to werk, with a fantastic bossman. Well, Admin let us go home early today, (thier way of thanking the employeee). My bossman said, "hey,let's go to "Backwater Jack's" and get plastered. It's on me!" <br />Well, he knows I don't drink much these days. The last time I drank anything was last new years eve, and then, only two glasses of wine. I thanked him, and explained that fact again, but if it wern't for the 33mile commute back home, that I might've taken him up on that :) <br />About an hour later, it was departure time, and we bidded each other a happy Thanksgiving,and walked-out to the car.<br />There on the driver's seat was a bottle of Sutter Home White Zinfindel in a small bucket of ice. I looked around, and I saw my sneaky boss laughing and waving! I thanked him for "the gift", drove home, and popped the cork on that sucker. It's allmost gone now....Thinkin of going and getting another while I still CAN, getting plastered, and taking the golf cart down top the creek with "Bambi" the wonder-dog,for a bit of bass fishiing.<br />Y'all have a great Thanksgiving. And don't forget the Holiday's origins :) <br />God Bless you all. I'm outa ere! :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 12Footer gets drunk! Details at 11!

Get a couple and keep drinking till this makes sense...when blurb tree glub gloot falls squat turky jdjt then swoop...Later

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sometimes yur the bug, and sometimes yur the<br />windshield buddy ;) <br />happy for ya and enjoy turkey day too...

sangerwaker

Commander

...hic......hic.....Right there with ya 12Footer!

LadyFish

Admiral

Not sure you'll make it til 11 with those details <br />12footer.<br />
50.gif

spratt

Lieutenant

Finished the whole thing and need a nother? Then go fishing? Hmmmmm...I smell a disaster:) Hope to see ya here after the holidaze!!! Have fun...

crab bait

Captain

Originally posted by neumanns:<br /> Get a couple and keep drinking till this makes sense...when blurb tree glub gloot falls squat turky jdjt then swoop...Later
NEUMANNS, that's pleajurism...!!<br /><br />i just heard the president say the exact same thing in his radio speech last week..

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> Not sure you'll make it til 11 with those details <br />12footer.<br />
50.gif
Goodgod! I think you're right, LF :eek: <br />Well, the golf cart rtide was just about a 1-hour round trip. I got the line wet. THe second bottle didn't seem to have the same effect on me thew first one difd.<br /><br />It just made me sleepy, i thikn. I came home, took a shower, and crashed. I just now woke up (7:30PM)...Wifey could tell something was 'amiss' right off the bat. Now, she is jealous.She hornswaggled me into cookin supper tonight,So as soon as the 'pea-pickin' cake (a thnksgiving ritua around here) is out of the oven, it's going to be breakfast at midnight :) <br /><br />I did catch a good sized bass tho, on my little fishin trip.<br />But I drank enough to remember why I don't drink anymore :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> <br />What the heck is a pea pickin cake? :confused: <br /><br />Congrats on the fish, but I've heard better fish stories from sober fishermen. :p <br /><br />Oh yeah, how's the head this mornin? :D
one 15oz can of canned/drained mandarin orange,(not fresh).<br />one 20oz can of crushed pineapple.<br />2 --- 1pound boxes of Betty cracker (this is Florida,ya know) "super Moist" yellow cake mix.<br />Kraft Coolwhip, 12 tub.<br />2--- 5.1oz boxes Jello INSTANT pudding mix.<br />Peapickin cake; I've heard a simular cake called a "fruit basket". A peapickin cake is a bear to make (that's how it got the name).<br />1 can fruit coctail, cherries, or fresh fruit of your choice (strawberries,cherries, oranges whatever ya want.<br />4---8"x1" cake pans<br />Yield is two cakes, but trust me...You'll need two.<br /><br /> <br />Take basic yellow cake mix, mix HALF of it, enough for two 8"x1" baking tins, and blend-in orange slices,chopped into chunks. Don't axe me why, fresh oranges will ruin it.<br />Second half, fold-in half of drained crushed pineapple. Again, do not use fresh pineapple, it must be canned). Pour into another 8" pair of round tins, and bake all accordin to the box.<br />While they are baking, you gotta make the pea pickin icing/peapickin filling.<br />Coolwhip, blend-in other half can of crushed pineapple.<br />Prepare pudding mix as described on the box.Fold-in fruit coctail or wahtever ya got, to finish the filling/icing. Chill refrigerator-cold before serving...nummy stuff, but what a pain in the arse to bake!<br /><br />Head was fine, LF. I haven't gotten that drunk since my first wife left me :) <br />I did get drunk enough to fall-out after the turkey and cake was done cookin.<br />Today, we are going to my daughter's house for thankgiving dinwa with everyone. I'm also gonna kidnap her first-born son, and her hubby, and make them dig holes in thier yard for the flowers and plants I'm bringing over :) <br />This is gonna be a good one for me. Y'all have a happy Thankgiving day out there!<br />As for the bassin. It was a good catch for the weather we were having (very windy). Last night, we caught that cool front that reaked such havoc on Texas and the rest of the SE/US....Kinda wore-out by the time it got here, but just enough to wet the ground, and ruin the fishin. However, fishin should be kickin tonight! :p

LadyFish

Admiral

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> So as soon as the 'pea-pickin' cake (a thnksgiving ritua around here) is out of the oven, it's going to be breakfast at midnight :)
What the heck is a pea pickin cake? :confused: <br /><br />Congrats on the fish, but I've heard better fish stories from sober fishermen. :p <br /><br />Oh yeah, how's the head this mornin? :D

LadyFish

Admiral

12footer, thanks for the recipe, we call that "dump cake" 'round here.<br /><br />Glad to hear you didn't hurt yourself too badly and good luck fishin tonight. :)