12/24 trolling motor battery hook-up?

fogsfire1

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
2
I have a minn kota 60 bow mount on a '89 basstracker. 3 prong plug at the bow.with 2pos & 2 neg cables at the batteries. switch for a charger on panel and 12/24 switch on foot pedal. I can only get going on the 12 volt setting. Any suggestions? Also there is a white jumper wire which doesn't look factory
 

rndn

Commander
Joined
May 20, 2007
Messages
2,323
Re: 12/24 trolling motor battery hook-up?

First off, Welcome to the forum!!:):)
Do you have 2 12 volts batteries installed for the trolling motor? Are you getting voltage at both positive connections where the motor plugs into the boat?
 

fogsfire1

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 22, 2009
Messages
2
Re: 12/24 trolling motor battery hook-up?

2-12 volt batt same age, size and brand. I had some damage to the wires that hook to the switch on the panel. now i need a diagram or guess where they went. Thanks for the tip or i would have never found that
 
Top