1099 hours fee on AOL!

brother chris

Commander
Re: 1099 hours fee on AOL!

I used to use AOl and everytime I went to end my time with them, the person at AOL would give me another month to use it in case I change my mind. I did that for 6 months. <br />I kept on threatening that I was going to leave them and they kept on giving me more time. <br /><br />After working at my job for 3 years, I found out that my company gives its employees free dial-up service. <br />So I told AOl just that and the fellow said he would give me another month to compare AOL service with my free internet from my employee. <br />Eventually I just told them that I WILL NOT pay for a dial-up service from them when I get it for free. <br />Eventually they understood.....took them long enough!<br /><br />Now I have been AOL free for years...and loving it.

fireship1

Chief Petty Officer

Hello all! Those CD ROM's wind up in my mailbox every few weeks or so. Put 'em to good use though. I used to also reformat the floppies that they would send. Never had to buy floppies back then. If you have a bad bird problem at your dock like I do (darn seagulls)! Put the CD ROMs to use. String them together with cord or wire and hand them near your boat like a big mobile. When the wind blows them around they will throw light beams everywhere. The birds now hang out at the other end of the dock! :D

Carphunter

Commander

AOL did the same thing to me as they did mikeandronda. They were great until I was ready to drop their service. I eventually had to have someone from my bank call them and tell them to quit charging my account. It nearly got to the point that I had to get a lawyer. I would do without before using those crooks again. :mad: <br /><br />I still have dial-up, and am currently using MSN. They have been great. Get this, they even called me and told me that they would be lowering my monthly payment. Their reason was that because of new technology, they are able to provide their service at a lower rate then before. How many companies call you out of the blue to lower your charges? First time its happened to me, thats for sure. :)

spratt

Lieutenant

Interesting. Never realized there were so many AOL addicts. Perhaps I could set up a "Break free from AOL" service and provide counseling to those who feel they just cannot let it go...I am thinking, oh, a six-figure income? Anyone interested in co-sponsoring? Email me and I will provide an address to send your cash only donations so that we can assist the poor souls who are unable to achieve freedom from AOL...donations must be in denominations of $50 or larger, unmarked bills, and nothing brand new (ie, freshly printed)... :D

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

When we first went online we had aol, it wasn't bad but not great. Speeds were slow but it worked. We had a hard drive crash that was gonna take a little time to fix so I called aol and put the account on hold. We were at $20 a month unlimited time on our deal. When the computer was fixed I called aol and we were reinstated. My next bill was $140 :eek: :eek: When I called to fix this situation I was told over and over by the supervisors supervisor that it was my fault for not telling them that I had $20 a month unlimited. Therefor I owed the max that they charge. <br />I had billed on a platinum credit card (they solve a lot of problems)and refused to pay and eventually didn't have to,( I don't know if the card payed or not) but you can bet every piece of fishing gear you own that I will never deal with aol again :mad: <br /><br />Mods: this post edited by self control, though just barely!

Homerr

Commander

LOL!<br /><br />I just typed 'AOL SUCKS' into Google and hit "I'm feeling lucky"<br /><br /><br />Give it a try.<br /><br /><br />H.