FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
We have a 8'x24' pontoon. We had some work done recently and the shop burned the carpet in a couple places. Since they are going to pay for the carpet to be replaced, I figured we should probably go ahead and replace the deck at the same time. Taking that one step further, I thought that we...
I am looking for advice on mounting a small rectangular piece of metal to thin fiberglass/plastic. I am concerned about the mount point breaking if the item on the mount is bumped into. Details below...
A couple years ago, I mounted my fish finder on my pontoon console. I wanted to have the...
Re: Where is the kill switch on 2003 Mercury 90 HP ELPTO 2-stroke?
Well, the fuse in the previous picture didn't work. I removed it, which also stopped the engine from turning over.
I decided to punt. I made a grounding harness, plugged in each spark plug boot to the harness, jumpered the...
Re: Where is the kill switch on 2003 Mercury 90 HP ELPTO 2-stroke?
Is this fuse between the starter and the coils? (red arrows in picture) If so, would I get my intended outcome if I unplugged the fuse? Would it still turn over, but not transform the 12 volts to thousands of volts in the...
Re: Where is the kill switch on 2003 Mercury 90 HP ELPTO 2-stroke?
I do not have a kill switch on the control. I have forward/neutral/reverse, tilt up/down and off/run/start.
I would like to prevent spark from getting to the coils, but still be able to turn over the motor to build pressure...
Hello,
I am preparing to do a compression test on my 2003 Mercury 90 HP ELPTO 2-stroke motor. I'd like to remove the risk of ungrounded plug boots sparking or some sort of feedback to the coils or some other component getting fried. I looked for a kill switch to disable the ignition, but I...