FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1995 Volvo Penta SX drive with a 3.0 GS on a 175 Glastron. I am familiar with impeller water pumps in the outdrive of outboard engines. I know that a good rule of thumb is to replace these when in doubt of...previous owner...previous use...or after a few years of use.
The...
I have a '95 3.0 GS Volvo Penta with an SX outdrive. When I purchased the boat, I recognized a solid "thunk!" when putting the boat in forward or reverse and negotiated a decent price realizing there would be some repair costs. Just after the purchase, I found that the frond engine mount lag...