FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Trying to remove a shaft that runs thru the steering pivot/knuckle on an 1988 50hp Force. The pivot has been broken and the shaft is completely exposed. I have the nut removed from the top of the shaft that runs thru the engine cover and the bottom is completely free. The shaft does not want to...
Trying to remove a shaft that runs thru the steering pivot/knuckle on an 1988 50hp Force. The pivot has been broken and the shaft is completely exposed. I have the nut removed from the top of the shaft that runs thru the engine cover and the bottom is completely free. The shaft does not want to...
I have the above mentioned engine. I am trying to replace the steering pivot/knuckle. I have the nut removed from the shaft that runs thru the pivot but cannot get the shaft to let loose. Is the shaft press fitted or threaded thru the engine cover? Any advice or tricks to free this shaft up will...
i have the above mentioned motor. I am trying to replace the steering pivot/knuckle. I have the nut removed from the shaft that runs thru the pivot but the shaft will not let loose. Is the shaft press fitted or threaded? Any advice to remove will be greatly appreciated. thank you.