FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am considering running my 2003 F115 and 2005 T8 (electric start/tilt) off one battery. I seldom run both motors more than 5 minutes (warm up after starting) at the same time.
Is this going to hurt anything? If so, recommendations for switching would be appreciated.
Thank you
StreamFixer
2005 T8 electric start/tilt. I am replacing wiring to battery, 10 foot run on positive side, 12 on negative.
What amperage should I use for maximum on cold start (35 degrees F.) when figuring wire size? I am thinking WRG 6 but do not want to run too light.
Thank you
2003 F115 Yamaha
I have checked the resistance of the sender wiring (pink to black) with the motor down (in shop) and get a reading of 107 ohm.
I went to raise the motor to check variance in the resistance only to have nothing happen at the pump, no noise, nothing.
I suspect the relay has...
Just had my 2003 115 Yamaha 4s into the shop (boat wiring question not motor). I just acquired the motor about 6 weeks ago. There has been about 10 hours put on the motor while in my possession.
While there, the techs ran a computer check on the system. Here is what they have told me showed...
Just repowered from Evinrude 88 to 2003 yamaha 115 4s and Yamaha 703 remote control. I have been told need new Tach. as the 2s tach apparently will not work with a 4s. I have figured out which wire to connect to the new tach and it is awaiting the guage.
The only guages I am needing help with...