FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi, I have a newly acquired 1969 Merc 4 H.P. outboard. Got it running great but then overheated. Pulled the lower drive and installed a new impeller in the water pump, the old one had no fins left on it. Question is, is the exit water supposed to come out a casting hole in the lower engine cowl...
Re: 1949 Aerocraft DD 14 aluminum
Great link kfa4303. Agreed there is a coolness factor to the old steering systems that the new style lacks. Were going to keep an open mind for now.
I'm going to try to attach some pics from my phone now
Hi all, forum nubie here. Couple questions for the aluminum boat folks. My son and I bought a (I think) a 1949 Aerocraft DD last fall as a project. We began striping the old paint but it quickly became too cold to finish that process, so will pick that up again early spring. In the meantime I'm...