FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1979 Merc with hyro tilt trim and the hoses seem shot. They leak through the hose and the coating is all gone. I am having a hard time finding replacement hoses. Any ideas?
Thanks much,
Eric
I bought this boat last year and used the heck out of it now it is time for some TLC prior to the season!
I have looked though the forum and found TONS of information that has greatly reduced my learning curve, thanks to all for that.
I gutted the boat the other day, almost, maybe 30 min left...
I was tightening my outboard motor mounts tonight and noticed that the alum angle brace under the motor is splitting along the folded area where the brace meets the transom. Is this something that can be welded?
I am replacing the transom here in a few weeks anyway. My guess is that it is from...
Greeting folks new to the forum and new again to boating. It has been 12 years since I last had a boat but the time has come again.
We got a 1978 Merc outboard that seems to start and run fine when not in gear. The second you put it in gear it stalls out. If you put the high idle on and "work...