FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have my boat running well now... only issue that I have encountered is at initial takeoff (hot or cold same). It idles smooth and everything but when I drop into gear it wants to die before I can get it going. I have new plugs which may have helped a little but still a problem. Any advice...
Re: 1988 Force 50HP cranking with only one CD coil pack OK?
Thanks Jiggz I appreciate your help on this. I am attaching the installation sheet from CDI for the after market stator that I have so you can check if I am understanding the hookup correctly. Also.... I want to make sure you read my...
OK, I know I have one bad coil pack since it is melted on the back, wires burned, etc. I would like to test the other components with the single coil pack that I have which appears to be good, one cylinder at a time. Install on one cylinder and crank and then switch to the other cylinder. My...
Just recently purchased a used boat (1988 Fisher Marsh Hawk, 16'). Has a known engine problem that I felt I could repair. At the start of troubleshooting discovered two trigger wires reversed based on wiring documentation found online. (later read that these are sometimes reversed OK). Switched...