FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi,
Need to remove my v/P 4.3GL engine from my boat. First time for me. The engine is connected to a Cobra SX stern drive.
All the ancillary bits are removed (manifolds, wiring, coolant hoses etc) is it now just a matter of unbolting the engine block where it joins the stern drive (what I...
Hi,
Everyones been really helpfull in answering my questions before. However I have a big problem with my Volvo Penta 4.3GL with Corba SX stern drive fitted in a 175SX Wellcraft Excel.
I've writen off the engine due to seawater flooding the clyinders and sump :mad:
Pulled exhaust manifolds...
Hi all, back again for advice.:confused:
Background
I have a Wellcraft 175Sx Excel boat equipped with a 4.3GL Volvo Penta engine and SXCobra leg.
When I got the boat the engine was a bit lumpy and running very rich. I've fitted, new plugs, new electronic choke (old one not working). Got her...
Hi, need some advise please I have a 1997 4.3GL VP I/B fitted to a Wellcraft 175 excel. On a recent trip I had a fuel leak problem and ended up getting a tow (without the engining running) back to the habour (safest thing to do).
I sorted the fuel problem out and the engine started fine however...
Hi new to the forum and inboards. I have a 97 Volvo Penta 4.3GL enegine. I need to replace the engine water pump. I have a silly question, how do I refill the engine with water once I've refitted the pump and make sure I get all the air out. Hope this makes sense and someone can get me an asker...