FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
While winterizing my 3.0 Liter Mercruiser I noticed that the starter seems really loud while trying to start the engine. As soon as the engine starts the noise is gone and engine sounds fine at all different rpm's. Is this just a problem with the starter or is there something more serious...
I accidentally put half a quart of antifreeze in the intake manifold plug. I have removed the plugs and let the antifreeze blow out. I then soaked the cylinders with fogging spray. Is there anything else I should do to minimize the damage?