FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Just purchased new stereo and speakers and the speakers are slightly larger than the old. Recently had carpet replaced and do not want to damage it. What would be the easiest way to cut holes larger without pulling carpet off? Thanks for any ideas.
I believe I have determined that my slave solenoid is bad after following the procedures on this site to determine the reason my engine would not turn over. I want to make sure I replace it with the proper part. I have a Mercruiser 3.0. Is the one in the link below the correct replacement...
Re: Belt popped off
So here are some pics of the belt and pulleys....this does not look like any of the diagrams I have seen on here. How is this alternator bolted to the engine? Not thru the top or bottom bolt holes that I can see. Also, look at the wheel on the alternator and how it has...
This is probably a stupid question, but my belt on my Merc 3.0 popped off, not broken and I need to know what is the easiest way to reattach. I would assume I could just loosen the bolts on the alternator and reattach it, then apply tension with a pry bar or large screwdriver while tightening...
We just bought a 1993 Dynasty Elanti and have had a few issues with it. First I need to identify my engine so you guys can help me with those issues. The only marking I can find on the engine because of it's placement is 0D893207. It is a Mercruiser I/O and I would assume it is the original...