FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I just bought a 2006 Johnson 150. The oil tank has the oil line, the fill hole and another fitting that appears to be a vent however it is capped with a rubber cap. Is that supposed to be there all the time? It seems like it will create a vacuum if left on.
I'm looking at a 2006 Johnson 150 to replace my 1998 Evinrude 150 that needs major engine work. I just bought the boat so I dont know a heck of a lot about outboards(I've always owned and still own inboard 454's). I've read nothing but bad things about the VRO pumps. Does a 2006 still use the...
I need a new engine for my Boston Whaler and found this 2006 Johnson 150 for sale. I have a few questions:
1. does this engine have a good reputation?
2. I need a 20 inch shaft and this has a 25 inch shaft. Can it be changed, what is the procedure?
3. They say it only has 150 hours but who...
I had a compression test done on a 1998 evinrude 150 intruder. The numbers were all around 100-110. We took it out for a sea trial and it ran well for about 15 minutes then as we were throttling back it just quit. We had a heck of a time getting it started but finally limped in. We found water...