FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey experts! So yes I have the "dreaded" hydro-mechanical drive.
So, it is. While removing the outdrive from the boat it apparently got shifted into reverse. (one of the original issues with this boat was weak reverse as reported by the P.O.) I popped the shift cap off to make sure to reset the...
The carb issue I have figured out, thanks to an electric fuel pump. The issue was truly the wrong float in the carb and not putting enough upward pressure on the needle which allowed the bowl to overfill.
So my question for you experts is: did boat manufactures use previous model year parts in...
Hello All,
Recently I picked up '82 Seaswirl 3.8. Hull is in great shape, all solid, no sun damage, 1 seat has a split in it. Outdrive needs a seal kit and impeller as there's water in the gear oil and I want to give the entire drive a refresh.
Previous owner said that he had the carburetor...
While not a full on restoration, it does need a little work. It's a '76 16' Beachcraft with a 120 HP OMC. The boat was given to me by a good friend of mine. I was told a couple of minor things and it will be on the water. 1st off the starter was junk and rusted solid. In the back of my mind I...