FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am working on a 2005 VP 5.0 GLE that I am working on installing risers/manifolds. I am using all Barr Marine parts.
The installation yesterday went pretty well with a couple of minor exceptions.
1) I was not able to get the gasket 100% removed from the engine block after following all of...
I will be replacing my Risers/Manifolds shortly on my VP 5.0 GL-E. My question is, is there anything in particular I should be inspecting as part of this process to see if anything else is going on? On my Starboard riser, there is definitely some rust streaks on the outside that makes me believe...
Im trying to find additional service manuals for my Volvo Penta 5.0. I've been able to get my hands on the Engine manual and the owners manual, but am trying to get copies of Workshop manual. Wiring Diagrams and Workshop manual, Electrical, Carburetor & Ignition without having to buy from VP's...
Im working on getting this new to me boat back to great shape. I have some cracks around the ladder on my swim platform. Does this look like something I need to really get in and re-glass or could I get away with some epoxy to fill the cracks and re-gelcoat?
Thanks!
I am looking for some advice on the best way to repair these seams on my upholstery. Are they sewable? Someone told me to put 5200 on the seam, but I have a feeling that would look awful!
If sewable, what would you think I should expect to pay someone who knows what they are doing to fix...
I just purchased a 2005 Crownline 206ls and there are some things that will definitely need some attention.
So far, I know there are some electrical issues that need to be addressed and I was hoping to get some feedback on how you would suggest approaching troubleshooting them.
What I've...