FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Since my last post, I've discovered the Higgins is not a '57. At some point in the 1950's Higgins switched from Chrysler flathead 6 bangers, to Ford V-8 Interceptors. I've found pictures of a '56 Sport Speedster with the Ford V-8. But I still haven't discovered when mine was built. The data...
The seller said he had both the generator and starter converted to 12 volts. But from my 4 classic Chevy restorations I know early '50's 6-volt starters hold up just fine on 12 volts. Generators, however, are another story. I'll take the gen in to my rebuild guy and have it tested.
I just bought an abandoned project boat. It's a 1957 Higgins 17 footer, and looks to be in surprisingly decent shape. The Chrysler 6-cyl flathead engine is out of the boat, and I'm picking it up tomorrow. Today I brought home the engine doghouse and all the (newly recovered) seats, as well as...