FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I am trying to deal with a problem on my 1994 Glastron SSV170. The transom and floor is rotted and estimate to repair is ~$7K. So, I am looking to replace with a newer fiberglass bowrider like a Glastron or Larson in the 17-18ft range that accepts an outboard motor (somewhat rare now). I...
I have been having problems with a poor idle on my 1994 Johnson 140hp (among other things).
Motor has been in and out of shop for 3 yrs now having many things replaced: new powerhead (from 1outboard.com), powerpack, sensor ring, plugs etc but they could never fix idle problem (carbs removed...