FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi, I have been told (and seen on a 135 of the same vintage) that the green wire from the alarm module should go to the number 4 cylinder terninal on the switchbox of my 2L, V6, 1988, 150 merc . Mine is connected to number 6 cylinder!?
Can anyone confirm which is the correct terminal? Also, what...
Howdy. I have a 1988 Mariner 150, it's had a charging problem which is fixed now. It's also had an oil alarm issue which I am trying to work through. The marine shop tested the alarm systems while it was there but said they were all ok. The alarm only beeps intermittently after about 15 mins of...
Hi, newby from New Zealand. I have a 1988 Mariner 150 with this problem. At 1500 rpm the Alternator is putting out 30v per yellow wire, the rectifier was putting out 6.5v on one terminal and 1.5v on the other. Thought I'd found the problem so I tried a new rectifier but it reads exactly the...