FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
The transom mount on my 9.9 hp Evinrude is real hard to tilt up. I tried to dissassemble it but the hinge bolt wont come out. Is there some unknown set screw that I'm missing?
I am new to these motors. I ran the motor in a test tank and it would run long enough to open the thermostat and spit water out the hole. It would not idle in low speed. It acted like a fuel problem. I pumped it up and started it. I then pulled the hose off of the carb nipple and there wasn't...
I bought a 1974 -1976 Evinrude 9.9 hp outboard and the nameplate is missing. Using part numbers, it seems to be a 1976. Are there any other numbers on the engine that I can use to ID the years