FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi, I am new to boating so please be patient. My 1971 Chrysler 70hp will not shift into reverse. When I try to shift it makes a "grinding" sound like it doesn't want to go in. I changed the lower unit oil when I purchased the boat and found no water or metal. I used the marine oil from...
Hi, I have a 1971 chrysler 70hp that I tried to start yesterday. The starter would turn the motor over the first few times then when I tried it again the "sprocket" on the starter that pops up to turn the engine over didn't go all the way up to turn the engine over. It made a humming noise...
I have a 1971 Chrysler 70hp and want to replace the lower unit oil but I don't have any seals for the vent plug or the drain plug. Can anyone tell me where to get these? Thanks
Hi, I'm new to the sight and to boating so please be patient. I recently aquired a 1971 chrysler 55 hp outboard and was wondering if the water pump is working correctly. Should there be a stream of water coming from behind the engine out of the "pee-hole" or just heavy mist? Also, does the...