FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I recently built a storage box and bench seat for a my little runabout. I decided to make a compartment for my batteries but it is a bit too big. I was thinking I could put some sort of foam in there so that the batteries don't move around. Is this safe with the batteries and cables?
I have had this plan to build a storage box that will double as a small seat for awhile now but the weather is just starting to cooperate. I have searched all around the web but still can't find the best way I should go about doing this. I found some marine plywood locally but how should it be...
I am in the market for a trolling motor and have got my eye on the Riptide SP 55 with iPilot. My question is would I have any issues mounting it on my closed bow runabout? All the pictures I have seen with a bow mounted trolling motor are on open bow boats but I dont see why it wouldn't work on...
I recently purchased my first boat, a 1968 Glasspar Citation with a 1990 Johnson 115. The boat is structurally sound and the engine is an awesome shape but the electrical system and fuel system has been rigged to "just get by" which I plan to fix. I have purchased new gauges, wiring and lights...
I recently purchased a 1968 Glaspar Citation with a 1990 Johnson 115. While the engine and boat were in great shape, the wiring, gauges and tank were not. I ripped out the old metal tank and grabbed a Moeller 12 gallon tank from my dad that I plan on putting up in the bow. After I got my new...