FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1955 Johnson Model 3014 that is running good at high speed, but quits when I back off the throttle. I figured that it was the synchronization, but there is absolutely no mark on the throttle cam to set it by. Is there a different procedure for this engine?
Am currently working on 3 3hps 2 Johnsons '55 & '59 and a '55 Evinrude. '59 is finished runs great. The Evinrude I just started tonight and appears to run good, but the high end rpms seem high. Tomorrow I'll try to rig a tach. When I got the Evinrude, it didn't have a foot. I had a bad...