FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 457HOL 1980 which sheared the flywheel key twice, resulting in very damaged boss taper. Tried to machine but with less then 8 thou off it now sits too low :facepalm: time for another one! Saw one available from a 457H1M which is 1981 I believe - anyone know for certain if that will fit...
Re: '80 Chrysler 45hp Pivot Tube Seized
Thanks Frank. Have assembled per your guidance without lubricant & torqued 10% more - test ran well in water yesterday, thank you! (see success pic)The trusty hand-made key also worked fine & is a bit tighter tolerance than the factory, after some careful...
Re: '80 Chrysler 45hp Pivot Tube Seized
Thanks Frank, sorry for slow reply - something about Christmas! It may help to know this engine was delivered in Australia (I am in Sydney). I am attaching several pics FYI but happy to take more specific ones of the king-pin if you like.
Pivot tube is...
Re: '80 Chrysler 45hp Pivot Tube Seized
Thanks Frank - please find pics attached showing the problem, ie. Pivot tube is moving insight transom bracket but very stiff - as if corrosion has seen the alum grow. I used a decent puller on the transom bracket in image 1 to try and get it off (with...
Trying to free up the very stiff tilt on this motor. Engine has been sitting outside for many years but is otherwise in good order & now running (I rebuilt it way back when). Can get grease thru one side of tilt tube lube point (via nipple) but other side sat with broken off nipple. Have now...