FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My Chrysler 125 only put out steam the last time I tried to run it. I thought it could either be the thermostat or the impeller. Followed my gut and took off the lower unit and found what looked like piles of rubber shavings in the ports leading to the impeller. It was nearly plugged with the...
I have a pretty clean Force 125 that runs like a scalded dog when she get's my 18 foot Capri up to speed. Problem is that when I throttle up she'll pick up a bit and then set there for as much as 5 or 10 mins then suddenly she'll begin picking up gradually until she suddenly revs fully and...
Are there any techniques for getting the bottom shaft out of the motor mount that slips through the lower mount of the trim/tilt cylinder? Mine, used for a Force 125 outboard, has been on the boat for 20 years and after removing the nuts on either end, it doesn't want to slide out so I can...