FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1957 Thompson, 13' wood boat. I believe it is a sea coaster. What size HP should I be using with this boat? It had a 50hp Mercury on it before.
Any recommendations would be appreciated. I was told a 35hp was ideal
How do I test for spark on a 1967 Mercury 500 50 hp outboard, it just cranks? Also it is labeled a Thunderbolt, how does this motor charge the battery. I do not see a stator under the flywheel.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.