FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Howdy,
3.0L Mercruiser (serial #0F287053) looking for the part number (or where to buy) a new set of head bolts. I've searched my fingers raw and can't seem to come with anything.
Thanks!
Howdy all! Hoping to find some help identifying what the cover(?) I've circled in the picture is. It has four bolts down the middle and I noticed a couple of them were loose. What is this cover for and what should the bolts be torqued to/how tight do they need to be?
Thanks!
Greetings all,
So I have a 1995 Bayliner 1750 with the 3.0L Mercruiser (serial #0F287053) that I've been having issues with water getting into the oil. No visible leaks on the outside of the engine. I checked the compression and got the following results:
Cylinder 1 (front of boat): 170...
Re: 3.0L Mercruiser mysterious hose/tube
So I took some pics.
Here's my serial# info:
and pics of the engine and reservoir bracket(?):
So it certainly looks to me that it had a reservoir at one point. My question now is if that is something that is necessary to replace or can I simply...
So long story short, my wife and I were handed down a 1995 Bayliner Capri 1750 with the 3.0L Mercruiser and Alpha 1 (gen 2 I believe). Anyway, when we got it, there was water in the oil. So after a few oil changes we hit the lake for a quick cruise so see if we had any real problems. Luckily it...