FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
1996 Parker 2510 MV with 2017 Penta 5.0 GXi w/Original 290 DP outdrive. Have had issues with clogging on raw water intake for 2 seasons and boat overheating. I like being shallow. Anyway I am now going to install a sea **** with scoop and strainer and bypass the outdrive intake.
Cooling water...
I AM NEW TO VOLVO OD’s and ENGINES
Parker with a 1996 290 DP with 2017 5.0 GXi
Issue: OD will trim up and down but will not trim up to trailer/beach height
Boat has trim gauge on dash. Also have what I believe is a trim control box (857534) behind the dash. It has a red light and I think an...
I have 2 GPS/Fish finders on my boat. One is set on sonar and the other on charts.
I installed a new switch panel over the winter. Both GPS’s will not turn on until battery is turned on and the GPS power switch in my panel is switched on.
After GPS power switch is on one of the units powers...
M, appreciate the reply and info.
Just need to clarify a few more things. Hoping my photos are in order.
Pic #1 and #2 - parts I found from my latest search. Which one for my application as I can’t tell the difference.
Pic #3 - is this the part you referred to in your response?
Pc #4 - this...
Completely STUMPED!!
My rank: Newbie (2 years on water)
Engine: Rebuilt LB from ATK - Chevy 4.3 V6
Issue(s):
Stalls approx 2 or 3 min after start - (I believe the fuel pump shuts off) - starts right up after every stall. RPMs at idle 650 to 700. Seems to stall at temp of 120 or above.
Oil...