FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I can't find marine tex anywhere locally in Canada. I was able to find 3M Premium Marine Filler, would this be a decent replacement for filling things such as screw/bolt holes as well as gouges and scratches to the keel/hull section of the boat prior to a re-paint or re-gel?
I noticed 3M also...
I recently purchased a boat that had a blown 1991 Mariner XR4 (2.4L) engine on the back. I don't have much experience with outboard marine engines, but pulling on past experience with other (automotive) engines, I would say that a connecting rod let go, or something similar.
There is a hole...
While doing a lot of work to my bass boat over the winter, I thought it would be a good idea to replace all the thru-hull fittings, since the majority of them are probably over 30 years old. However, I can't seem to find any black thru-hull fittings that are approved for use below the...
I recently purchased a 1978 Hydrasports Bass boat and am in the process of doing a semi-restore on it.
I've been playing around with the idea of a complete re-paint, but all my searches are turning up incomplete or conflicting information, and I'm not sure what to do.
I have a complete...
Hello All,
This is my first iboats forums post. I've been using the boards as a search reference for quite a while now though, and I appreciate the wealth of information available!
I was hoping someone could help me out. I recently purchased an old (late 70's) bass boat, and am doing a...