FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Is the penta 5.0 GI a good engine? At the time of when I bought it I did not realize that this was throttle body injection. Should I have held out for a GXI with MPI?
I am new to boating and am enthusiastically looking into buying a used boat. I am wondering, is there a certain number of hours on the boat I should stay under? One example is a 2001 Glastron 205 with the 5L fuel injected engine. The seller states that the boat has 257 hours, but the engine...
I am thinking of buying a boat that is several hundred miles away, so I had the owner take pictures of any issues. One of the pictures he described as scratches around the fuel fill looked like cracks in the gel coat to me. Is this normal for a boat of this year? Should I be concerned? i am...