FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have an old Aqua Meter tach with a black and grey wire. I am using it on a 59 Johnson 50 hp.There is a set screw that will change the pulses from 1-6. I believe I hook the black to ground and the grey to the wire coming from the mag to the ignition switch. What pulse do I set the switch to?
Has anyone heard of using the later syle reed plates on a 58-59 V4 50 hp. The manual I have said for increase fuel mileage on 58-59 50 hp use a 75 hp reed box. The manual said to grind down the corners of the reed boxes to make them fit. I got a set off of a mid 60's 60 hp and all I had to do...
I have a 59 Johnson 50hp with a generator I found on an early 60's 75 hp. I was told that you can use a Harley voltage regulator with this generator. I know it is a 12v 10 amp generator and it looks like 65 and latter Harleys had a 12v 10 amp generator. Has anyone actually tried this regulator?
Does anyone know if a 59 50 hp driveshaft has an extension on it or do I need a short driveshaft to convert it to a short shaft? Also can a long shifter rod be modified? I read somewhere that the water tube can be cut 5 inches and be used.
Were can I find the right color paint for my 1960 Evinrude Lark 40 and my 1965 Ski twin 33 hp Evinrude? My Lark has a 59 Golden Jubilee 35 Lark cowling on it and it looks like it was gold and white with a blue base.