FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey y’all. Hope I’m posting this in the right area of the forums. I’ve had this boat (1994 Genesis 2002 cuddy 4.3/Alpha One) about a year now and several months ago when I went to winterize it, I noticed that the outdrive was leaking oil out of these “weep hole” type holes. Does anybody know...
Good deal. The starter I got off DB has been working flawlessly. I managed to squeeze out the old bulky starter by just unbolting the u-bolts around the heat exchanger and moving the exchanger out just slightly. No need to completely disconnect all lines unless they are aged/cracked (in my opinion).
Well unfortunately he did not let me make the trip this past weekend (first weekend that was consistently at/above 40 degrees). He did not want to dewinterize it even after telling him I'd pay to winterize it if I did not take it. It was almost a no brainer that I was going to take it, as I told...
Yeah, I'm amazed at how well the 17-20' boat market is holding value. Even my 1986 Bomber Commander II (17.5 ft) with a 470 Mercruiser will probably sell for $3500-4000 at the beginning of summer around here.. its nuts.
We are only considering a cuddy boat as we may stay overnight in it a few...
Thanks for the input. I'm trying to hold out until weather is decent enough for me to give it a more thorough run in the water. I know he is probably getting a lot of attention on his boat as its one of the cleanest 90's boat around. I will update if this progresses!
I 100% understand and thanks for your input. I am no boat guru by ANY means but I have somewhat of a working knowledge of them (with the exception of the internals of outdrives).
I agree. I'm taking everything with a couple grains of salt.
I however do have to say that people are selling absolute JUNK right now on facebook marketplace, compared to the "apparent" condition/quality of this boat. Its insane.
People wanting $4-6k for a 1988-1995 18-20' boat with...
alldodge, thanks for the input. Owner seems like a very straight forward guy. He has plenty of other toys that he takes rigorous care of as well (ex: mint 79 firebird that also gets winterized).
He stated that if it doesn’t sell by spring, the local marina already said they would buy it off of...
I do fully agree with your statement on the hull and foam potentially being full of water but being hard to tell when it’s frozen.
Considered a project? Maybe. I can see what you’re saying. But my current boat is a 1986 and i bought it from the original owner who stored it properly for most of...
Hey all, I haven't ever posted in this section of the forum. I currently have an open bow 17.5" boat with a Merceruiser 470. However, my wife and I are wanting to bump up in size slightly and have a boat with a cuddy. After searching for over a month, I have my eyes set on a 1990 Rinker Captiva...
Thanks for the input
My concern is knowing which alternative (NON-OEM) models will fit in the original starter position - bolt alignment, solenoid concerns, etc, and if ALL 3.7L engines (regardless of the year) can use the same starters? Its hard for me to tell if I have a '76-79 or '80-82...