FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
What did I do??? It will start up in neutral it's rooms fluctuate wildly and in forward the engine will barely run for a few seconds at lowest throttle. Any ideas ideas would be greatly appreciated. I replaced the fuel hoses and had to temporarily remove the fuel pump. I can't think of what...
32VDC 30SI Alternator: $550
100amp breaker switch: $50
50ft of 2AWG tinned marine wire: $250
Brackets to mount alternator and perform belt alignment (time and materials - could take 4-6 hours to fabricate @127.50): $765
Connect wiring to the batteries, mount and install breaker switch (roughly...
hey guys,
so I have a Bayliner Capri 19 ft cuddy cabin that used to have a sterndrive in it but it has been converted to outboard via pod. My boat goes dry all the time so I need to make sure the engine is up all the way and not putting stress on the engine/hull. When I lift my engine (150...
150 (brown stripes so I'm guessing its 1987 vintage maybe 1985) black max sounds like its running on 3-4 cyl and runs hot with lots of water. I think that the cyl problem is coils but don't really know. i have no idea what the cooling problem is because theirs TONS on water coming out the tell...
Hey Guys,
I've got a strange problem on my hands... my engine runs perfectly, starts easily without and coaxing, ramps up, idles low. All that good stuff however... When I shut the engine off, gas leaks out and into the water. I noticed it about 2 weeks ago and have only used the engine twice...
Hey,
Just bought this boat for $500 the deck is completely rotten. I found this out when I stepped in the boat through the deck and into 4 inches of water. I wasn't mad because now at least I know she doesn't leak :p ... anyway hope you guys enjoy this, I will be updating everyday in the...
Hey guys,
I'm looking at buying this boat it's a 18 1/2ft tri hull with a straight six 165 mercruiser. It's perfect for what I'm trying to do as in the hull and horse power. However, the guy I'm buying it from is a crook and I don't want to overlook anything :p . Can you guys suggest some...