FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have an XRI EFI blackmax 150, I think its 1995 (S# 0G199866). I was having problems when I was above ~2000rpm where the motor would die for a split second then start back again. After some trouble shooting I think I have it narrowed down to the idle stabalizer. On the last trip out the motor...
I recently bought a Ranger with a Mercury 150 serial # 0G19986 . The alarm modual for the motor is bad, and it's an expensive part. I would like to premix and bypass the oil injection and also install a temp guage so there would be no need for the alarm modual. Would it be safe to just replum...
I plan on getting a trolling motor for my boat. I found one on craigslist that's a motorguide brute 750, 12/24v and 50lbs thrust. He is offering it for $200. I wanted to know if this was a good motor to get, and if the price is reasonable. He says everything works, but isn't sure about the year...
I just bought a 1972 50hp Johnson. I'm getting it all cleaned out and redoing some of the wiring. I dont have a manual for this motor and I'm having troble finding a wiring diagram. Is there anywhere I'd be able to get a wiring diagram?
I?m looking at converting from a gravity fuel system to a fuel pump system. I was looking around and I saw something about installing a pulse fuel pump but that I would need to drill and tap the crank case for the pulse line on the pump. I was worried about a couple of this with this, one was...
I recently bought a 1950 Gale Buccaneer 5hp, model # 2B7. I have dismantled and cleaned everything. It has great compression and everything looks good but the carburetor, its missing the part that goes over the air intake. I think it?s a valve that had three settings; Prime, Lean, and Off. I was...