FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
was changing oil after I winterized & put one quart of gear lube in...the final mix was 4 quarts engine oil to one quart gear lube.
I drained all that and added 4 fresh quarts of oil.
Should I drain it all again? I cannot believe I was dumb enough to do what I did. Just zoned out opening...
Boat was running very well all day Sunday, until the last ride to the mooring. I gunned it and it started to stutter approaching WOT. Tach was bouncing before it started to stutter. I throttled back and it stopped... throttle up=same issue. When i finally got it to the mooring i turned it off...
'87 Cobia 189 Monte Carlo... its a junker, but great fun on the Hudson!
The past two trips the fuel gauge has been odd... it randomly reads empty for a bit--then "wakes up" and reads accurately.
I'm new to anything electrical in regards to boats. Engine/mechanical things I can handle...
'87 merc 3.0 - starts and runs great. After an hour or two of pleasure boating the engine stalls when brought back to idle-cant start for a few minutes. Seems to need a cool down period but then starts up and runs just fine. Idle is fine before I run it for a while.
There is a slight...
Hey guys,
I'm super green. My understanding of changing the mechanical fuel pump fuel filter is as follows:
Clamp all fuel lines & unscrew cup, swap out filters. Screw cup back on, unclamp lines.
I just don't want gas spilling everywhere. I've had my hands on fire and I'm ok avoiding it...