FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 1985 115hp Evinrude and I keep having to replace starter solinoids. It just went out today and this will be the third time in a year and a half that I have had to replace it. Any ideas why they keep burning up? They are definitely bad, I have tried touching 12v power to the switch side...
I am having an issue with my 1989 115 HP Evinrude. Before I have noticed sometimes it will run at a higher idle when its on the ear muffs out of the water but the last time I had it on the ear muffs it was idling very high about 2000 RPMs. Today I had it on the water and it seemed to idle high...
Having a weird fuel issue with my 1989 115hp Evinrude 2 cycle. When initially pumping the ball, I have to pump and pump and pump for a really long time and it never gets hard but I get enough through that I can start the motor and then I have no problems. I tried replacing the ball but got the...
Re: 1985 115HP Evinrude hydraulic tilt is clicking
Here is a pic of the side that I cant grease to flow through. The grease fitting is removed in the pic.
Hello all. I just recently purchased my boat that has a 1985 115HP Evinrude on it. When I was testing everything out to buy it, when lifting and lowering the motor, almost all the way up or almost all the way down it would start clicking. I assumed this was just from sitting and figured after I...