FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Serial 1C483844....40 ELPT.....I saw that design on the fuel pump where water went i one inlet and out to the tell tail I think....I figured I may have to buy a fuel pump....does this thing have a pressure sensor also that I should replace?
Got a 2017 40 4 stroke on a 13' Whaler, hit a sand bar...rather hard. Since then the engine has spit and sputtered at anything over 300 yards running at greater than 3500 rpm. I can run 3000 rpm or less no problem. Figured maybe the engine was clogged with sand so I removed the thermostat and...
Trying to replace the prop seals in my 200 EFI and the 4 inch nut that holds the bearing carrier in is froze solid. Got the special tool to use on it, applied heat, stood on the breaker bar, did not move a hair. Someone told me that the only thing I could do is drill the nut on one place and...
I have twin 1999 Merc 200 EFI's that I need to replace the prop seals in. Although I have never done it in an outboard engine, I do have experience replacing engine seals, just not in anything that would be run underwater. Is there any words of advice in doing this, any pointers that would help...