FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 70 H chrysler. My prop did spin slightly when engine was in neutral. I changed oil in lower unit, and now it does not. Should it spin some or be completly still?
Carbs cleaned, new fuel pump diaphram. When I try to start if I hold my hand over carb opening for a split second while spinning it will start to sputter and start with the throttle in high idle when I drop it down to slow idle it will die. It doesn't seem like its getting fuel. Any ideas out...
I have a 1973 Chrysler 70 horse outboard. If I prime the plug hole with fuel mix it will start after about 10 tries. After it starts it seems to run ok with lever fwd on fast idle. If I back it off to slow idle it will usually die. I have relaced fuel pump diaphram, totally cleaned carbs...
1973 Chrysler 70 horse wont start w/o priming with fuel mix. Then it starts and seems to run fairly good. Help!! Also prop spins in neutral when running, not super fast but spins about like a fan. Any help would be appreciated. Cleaned all carbs.
1973 Chrysler 70 horse wont start w/o priming with fuel mix. Then it starts and seems to run fairly good. Help!! Also prop spins in neutral when running, not super fast but spins about like a fan. Any help would be appreciated.
I have a 1973 70 H that won't start. When I first got it abbout 2 months ago i primed with start fluid and it started. we took it to the lake would not start with out start fluid. but it did start and ran real well for about 2 hrs. We went a second time and same thing had to use start fluid...