Recent content by Ifishmuskie2

  1. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    I thought about testing the rectifiers to see what the difference is but I said screw it im going fishing. I just got back home. I’m thinking about ordering another one as a spare.
  2. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    Problem solved. Boat is now fully operational. Going on the water in 1hr. So problem was. No tach and no charging. Replaced rectifier (part from Amazon). Still no tach and no charging.checked all wires. Replaced stator. Still no tach or charging. 2nd new rectifier from Amazon but...
  3. Ifishmuskie2

    Light corrosion in cylinder BF130

    How long was it sitting without oil in the cylinder?
  4. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    I put a new stator and regulator/rectifier on. The engine runs great but No change. Still no tach and no charge. I ohm tested all the wires. Everything is good. I guess the new regulator/rectifier is bad ? I guess I’ll order a new one. Any more help? This would be sad if this ends my...
  5. Ifishmuskie2

    Repowering my old 16ft aluminum boat thinking of going 4 stroke but have a question

    Was the original engine hp rated at crank or prop shaft?
  6. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    I never needed a manual until now. Where can I get one?
  7. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    The engine has a warning. When cowl off no more then 3000rpm. So I only had it at about 800 rpm when I checked the yellow wires from the stator. Ok so next step is remove stator for inspection?
  8. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    Yes that is correct.
  9. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    Yes 18v ac. With a probe on each yellow wire coming from stator. With engine running and two yellow wire disconnected from engine. So stator is ok? I guess the new regulator is no good. I can’t see anything else.
  10. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    I did that and not working. I just checked every wire in the circuits by ohms on the connection. All of the connections are good. I think the new regulator is no good. I’m ordering another one?
  11. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    My old regulator tests as open circuit on all but one yellow wire test. I have to break for lunch.
  12. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    I just ran the engine with the two yellow wires coming from the stator disconnected. I get 18v when I touch both wires with the probes. So stator is good?
  13. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    With engine turned off I get battery voltage at the two yellow wires from the stator at the junction box near the coils.
  14. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    When I turn the key the tach moves to zero and the volt gauge moves the 12.5volts
  15. Ifishmuskie2

    No tach,no charging

    It went from working great to no charge and no tach. That’s why I changed the rectifier. Maybe the new rectifier is ng also. How do I check it? I’m going to check everything i can see.
Top