FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hey there, I have a 1993 Evinrude 150 Spitfire. Ran fine all last year. I started it up the other day to get it ready for Memorial Weekend after sitting all winter, and I heard a ticking coming from the engine after the fogging oil cleaned out and it was idling good again. After messing...
Hello, I have a question regarding adjusting the shift cable on a 1993 Evinrude 150 Spitfire. I think I have the cable adjusted correctly, or at least close to it. I have a problem though. Neutral is working correctly. If I just barely shift it into gear (forward or reverse) it doesn't seem...
Hey guys, I've got a problem. Last week I was out on the lake, I was just going along and then I heard what sounded like a box of gravel being shaken coming from my motor. After getting towed back, I think the problem lies in the lower unit or possibly a shift cable problem from what I've been...
I have a 93 Evinrude 150hp Spitfire V6 and haven't gotten around to buying a manual for it yet, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me how much gear lube the lower unit holds, and which plug to pour it it and drain it.
Thank you
I was trying to trouble shoot my engine for a few minutes(rpm jumps around at low rpms) and the dang garden hose fell off the earmuffs. I think it fell off withing 60 seconds of when I shut the motor off. It seems to be peeing fine, but that could just be the water from the hose forcing its...
I have a 77 70 hp Evinrude. When it is running low rpms (2000 or less) it "shudders" quite a bit. At first it sounded like it was picking up a cylinder, but it loves to foul the plugs now. I got new plugs and gapped em to .030 and it seemed to run fine for a little while. I noticed if I take...
Last week my motor started running kinda cruddy. It sounds like its picking up a cylinder every now and then. It pretty much just does it below 2000 rpms. I thought I had some bad gas, but that doesnt seem to be the case. Ive changed gas, replaced the plugs, cleaned the carb bowls and...
Friday I was taking my cousin fishing near the launch area...figured if we didnt catch any fish we could always enjoy the free show. Our neighbor got a new boat looks kinda like a small cigarette boat named Jalapeno. Its red if that points to the guys intelligence. He had a hard time getting...
My tilt and trim motor has crapped a chicken. The brush holder is broken and the new motor is about 230 bucks. Does anybody know of somebody who repairs the motors or sells good used parts?
I have a 1977 15' Terry fiberglass bass boat. It is a tri hull design, but it is not that apparent. The V has a pretty steep rake to it with an almost flat bottom. It has a 77 Evinrude 70 hp engine on it. I am not sure of the prop it has on it now as it has no markings indicating such. It...
Ok, I have a 77 bass boat with a 77 evinrude 70 hp engine. Yesterday I noticed my tilt and trim was sounding a little weak and was having trouble pushing the outboard. I used the trolling motor a lot yesterday. When I went to put the boat on the trailer it would barely pick up the outboard...
Hello, I am new to this forum.
My problem is yesterday I took the boat out fishing at my local lake. It ran great the whole time. Then when it came time to put the boat on the trailer, I had my buddy drive the boat. He pulled away from the dock, and then moved the throttle back to idling in...