FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
In the manual it says the idle in gear should be around 700. And while tuning the carb around 550-600.
My problem is the engine shakes and dies when I try to turn the idle down that low, should I be turning the fuel mixture screw in/out to compensate for turning the idle down??
My idle is...
While I was in the process of checking/replacing the exhaust manifold/riser, I noticed there was no sign of the flapper nor it's components. I've read through virtually every thread on here regarding flapper issues. The boat seemed fine prior to taking the exhaust apart to fix a small leak...
I have a 1999 3.0 L Mercruiser, the leak looks very small, but I want everything to be working properly, it's between the riser and exhaust manifold. My biggest concern is, is this just in need of a new gasket? Was it purely a gasket failure, or the result of something else going wrong?
Also...