FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My trailer has two 4 ft roller bunks in the back and three keel rollers going fwd, along with a bow stop. Question is, is this enough support for fiberglass boat/motor with approx. weight of 2000#. Reason I'm asking is the keel seems to be skidding across rollers instead of them rolling. Rollers...
Hi. I ahve a 1979 McKee craft Offshore fisherman that I am restoring. I recently removed the center aft floor panel and discovered an 8" dia. plastic/PVC tube that is installed vertically over the keel. Does anyone happen to know what this is for?
It was full od leaves and nasty water. I cleaned...
Hi! Just put new carb kits on both carbs of my Johnson 100. (J100STLCEM). Set the floats IAW the factory serv. mnl. After reassy. I did the blow trick, with the carb inverted. They seem to seal pretty well ,but will still bypass some air.(The old needle & seat seem to seal better). After putting...
Thought I'd throw this out and see if anyone else has seen it. While rebuilding the carbs. on a 1989 Johnson 100 (J100STLCEM) I found the upper carb had 2 different size idle bleed air orifices installed. The Lt. throat of upper carb. has a #38 & the Rt. has a #20. The lwr carb. has #38 in both...
Hello all. New member here.
Just purchased an older 17.4" McKee craft flats boat with a 1989 100hp Johnson. Model# J100STLCEM.Fellow I bought it from said it was a 115 and cowl even says Evinrude 115, but data plate should not lie.
Guy ran it in his yard and even took us out in the river. Eng...