FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 40hp Mariner 2 stroke 4cyl. (1990) outboard. I wanted to replace the impeller today, but when I went to lift the engine, the hydrolics wouldn't work. I spent all day side-tracked on this new problem. I charged the battery and finally had it tested at WalMart. The one fuss in the...
I just acquired a fishing boat with a 40hp Mariner engine. No water is coming out for cooling. From what I have been reading, it sounds like I need a new impeller. Is this correct? How hard is it to replace? The serial number is: OC225579(US made). What year is this engine? Thanks!