FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hello I,m very new to boating butno yougster to water. My question is would it be best to install a pair of small electric trim tabs verses trying to fix my Trimming switch that trims by lifting the outdrive out of the water? That sure seems like a poor system that they used back then, surely...
Hello I have a 1972 Fiberform with 6 cyl inline 165 HP. My son asked me to raise the drive unit (It was submerged in a lg water tank so I could run it). I hit the up button , he said it was moving slow and then let out a loud bang and moved smooth and faster until reaching the up limit...
Hello 1972 Fiberform 165 hp 6cyl inline GM This thing starts so good, idles so good runs under low / medium/ high power setings so good. Butttttttttt when you go from idle to gently engaging forward or reverse it will backfire thru the carb. Maybe once or rapid 3/4 times then stall or...
The shifter throttle says mercruiser on it. I haven,t had it on the water yet. It has one button at the center. If you know how this is supposed to work please advise me Thanks Jim
I,m definitely new to the boating community. I bought this unit when covered with snow and -15 degrees in Noorth Idaho fro a WW II Vet Navy. It was naturally as is but he seemed very honest. Just thwe other day I had enough time to start to look it over. I filled engine with water and no...
I recently purchased my first powered boat. Its a beater. 1972 Fiberform 19 Foot. Where on the hull is the SN located so I can verify with the registration papers? Is there a way to confirm if the engine is the original and the same for the outdrive. I guess what I need is like factory...