FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have an older Viking and currently have the engines and steel bedrails removed. I am questioning the integrity of the fore and aft bulkhead that the bedrails/engines rest on. While things are accessible I would like to have them checked for soundness. I inquired with the yard the vessel is...
Looking to replace the swivel plate on the screw clamp for my evinrude. I have a new screw plate and retainer clip but unsure how to secure it to the screw clamp. Looks like the other side is peened over but not sure if or how to do it.
Thanks
Ed
Have a 1986 Evinrude 8hp and I am in search of a spool for the rewind starter. Part was discontued in 2005.
Any and all suggestions as to where I may find one would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Ed
Looking for the recoil spool starter for an 86 Evinrude 8hp. I understand that BRP stopped producing the part in 2005. Local dealer advised I try vintage outboard search but this is bringing me to much older engines. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks
Ed